Friday, April 29, 2016

Upcycled spray bottle

My husband is in to painting miniatures. A few months ago he wanted to strip a piece, and went out and purchased a spray bottle of Green Clean. We were both fascinated and horrified by how quickly and efficiently it stripped away layers of acrylic paint! Needless to say I didn't really want to use it in our house, especially when certain kitties we own enjoy licking the tub and counters on a daily basis. I purchased some bulk cleaner from my local co-op, and wanted a pretty container to store it in. I had been saving plastic spray bottles and using a vinegar and water mixture for a while. After some digging through the recycling bin, I found several glass bottles that fit with the spray tops!! Here is how to make your own.
You will need:
1 spray top
1 glass bottle (so far the ones that fit most spray tops are: trader joes rice vinegar and trader joes raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar).

Soak the bottle in hot soapy water to remove the label.


Trim the tube on the spray top of necessary. Fill up the bottle, twist on the top and boom- pretty glass spray bottle!
Happy cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment